IntroductionSmartphones at parent-friendly prices mean that a kid's first phone can be a smartphone, just like dad’s. The Samsung S5360 Galaxy Y is part of Samsung's youth-oriented lineup and promises the Android experience at a bargain.
Samsung S5360 Galaxy Y
The Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 was just announced this week and it will be some time before it gets the market. However, we have a pre-production unit in our hands so we decided we do a quick preview just to get you started. So without further ado here's the overview of the key features.
Samsung S5360 Galaxy Y at a glance:
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G with HSDPA
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 104 x 58 x 11.5 mm, 97.5g
- Display: 3" 65K-color TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen, 240 x 320 pixels
- CPU: 832MHz ARMv6 processor
- Memory: 256MB RAM, 164MB storage, hot-swappable microSD card slot
- OS: Android OS, v2.3.3 Gingerbread with TouchWiz UI
- Camera: 2MP camera with geotagging, smile detection; QVGA video recording @15fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, charging microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Battery: 1200mAh
- Misc: Built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, Swype text input, Office document viewer
Samsung S5360 Galaxy Y in our office
Take out your rulers, we're going to measure up the Samsung S5360 Galaxy Y. What follows is a brief stop at software.